There are so many choices when it comes to constructing a building. There are so many steps involved in it. You need your own plot of land to build your project on. It starts with choosing a construction company who will prepare the drawings as per your requirement. They will estimate the cost of material, labor and so on as per your requirement and budget. Then the construction begins by clearing of plot and making of plot boundaries. But there is an important decision that you, as a consumer, need to make.
Understanding the difference between PEB building and structural steel building, which is a more traditional construction, is the key to achieve long term benefits. Learning the difference of using PEB building or a traditional construction is immaterial when it comes to saving money in the long run—for both commercial and industrial projects.
Are you planning to start a new project? Confused on whether to choose between pre-engineered buildings and traditional buildings? Are you looking for PEB structure manufacturers? What is the PEB vs conventional buildings debate? Here’s a brief rundown on what to expect. PEB vs conventional buildings:
What Are PEB Buildings?
PEB buildings or PEB structure manufacturer, as the name suggests, are sections which are designed, manufactured and fabricated in the factory and then assembled at the site of construction. Assembly is usually done using bolted connections. PEB buildings are fabricated with a pre-set inventory of raw material which is agreed upon beforehand, as per the design and budgetary requirements of the project.
Pre-engineered buildings basically involve roofing and well casing. It consists of a rigid framing that completes the roof, beams, and columns. Firstly, the primary framing is done, after which the roof panels are added. Then other panels like wall panels and deck panels are assembled, along with any other structural sub-systems and accessories. This may vary according to the design requirements of the project.
Pros of Pre-Engineered Buildings Manufacturers
- PEB’s are mainly formed by standard sections—a standard template is used, thereby reducing significant amount of time in fabrication and assembly.
- Maximum optimization of measurement and material is achieved through a computer analysis.
- Delivery is faster than a conventional building.
- Erection is simple. The process is fast and easy with very less requirement for other equipment.
- It is cheaper than conventional buildings.
- It is lightweight because of the efficient use of steel.
- Modern architectural designs can be achieved using the available design templates.
- It requires minimal maintenance.
- There is minimal to no wastage during assembly and construction.
- It reduces construction time, is flexible and energy efficient.
Cons of Pre-Engineered Buildings
- It might require a building permit, depending on your state and federal laws.
What Are Traditional Buildings?
Conventional buildings are traditional structures consisting of steel and brick sections which are designed individually and fabricated at the site. This method involves welding and cutting and is constructed largely on-site. The process includes a custom floor plan which comprises of the entire house design including electrical and plumbing system. It involves a complex foundation system, framing, interior and exterior work.
Pros of Traditional Building
- It is popular due to its long history of usage.
- Materials and labor are readily available.
Cons of Traditional Building
- It involves high cost of labor and materials.
- The foundation is heavy, which could cause it to weaken over the years.
- Lots of wastage is done during construction.
- Design takes more time. It also takes more research which could significantly increase the cost.
- Delivery and construction time is slow.
- Conventional steel structures are costlier than PEB buildings and requires a heavy budget.
- Erection is slow and demands more time and labor. Heavy equipment is essential.
- it requires constant maintenance, which could prove to be costly over the years.
PEB vs Conventional Buildings—What to Choose?
Pre-engineered and conventional buildings have their own advantages and disadvantages. You need to make the decision based on the kind of structural design requirements and materials that your project demands. If you are not sure which one to choose, always consider your lifestyle, safety, durability, maintenance and budgetary requirements.
ISB infrastructure are pre engineered building manufacture specialized in PEB structure ensuring 100 quality and durability who supply steel buildings to Airport, Modular buildings, cold storage, Warehouse, Factories and Foundries.